Life Program (16-18)
LIFE is a unique full day summer program created by Harbor Haven's team of professionals for 16-18 year old teens with mild special needs.
The differentiation of curriculum and appropriate groupings allow for teens of varying abilities to participate.
The LIFE program at Harbor Haven provides support for meeting transition goals. It is a balanced combination of structured learning experiences that promote growth in the following areas:
- Daily/independent living skills; personal care, house keeping, health and safety
- Development of employment readiness skills
- Financial literacy
- Real world reading and writing
- Computer and executive functioning skills
- On-site jobs with coaching; guest speakers for employment opportunities
- Hobbies and socialization
- Exposure and access to community resources
- Exploring post-secondary options
- Meal planning/preparation, nutrition
- Travel training through out-of-camp trips*
- Yoga, swim, sports, crafts, music and more!
- Individual speech and occupational therapy available at an additional cost
Centralized location transportation is available in most cases.
A high staff to participant ratio is maintained. An intake is required.
TravelQuest Program - After the conclusion of the 5 week LIFE Program, teens may continue for one or two weeks in our exciting day travel program.
Click here for the 2021 LIFE and TravelQuest Calendar. The 2022 Calendars will be available in May 2022.
*All trips and entertainment are subject to cancellation based on CDC and/or NJ Health Department guidelines, community health data and other health and safety factors.